Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today's ramblings... Recession?

Well let me start by saying, since this is a more detail oriented post, I decided to post a few of my favorite 'detail' shots from past weddings. Enjoy...

It has happened again, another area company has released several workers today. I can’t say which company yet because of confidentiality issues, but it got me thinking… (I heard that groan….) I know that the recession is starting to hit our area quite hard I think I have heard of four or five companies laying off employees…but, I also know that there are still people going gang busters.


I just wanted to put this out there… If you are planning a wedding this year and are in a situation where money is tight and you are trying to cut corners, please contact me and ask me to work something out for you.. Trust me, I understand. The last place you want to eliminate is from your wedding portraits… once your day is over all you will have is the images from your Wedding and the memories.
I would be more than happy, honored actually, to work with you,



I also wanted to announce that as a way to save on costs - which help me keep my prices lower - I am no longer going to be renting a studio space. We have loved being in the Rupiper travel building over the last two years, but with our main focus being weddings, we really were not making the studio pay for itself. This caused me to have to pass those costs on to my wedding customers.

For engagement, family and senior sessions, we will still be doing outside portraits. I am also going to offer a new option of doing a custom sitting in your home. I would love to visit with you about these changes, so please don’t be afraid to ask questions.
This was not a decision that I made easily, but in the long run, I know it is the right choice.



This summers wedding dates are filling up, so if you are one of those potential couples who have been putting off getting your contracts back to me (yes, there are more than one of you right now ;) )… please don’t wait too long…remember your date isn’t yours until I have your signed contract returned….




Thanks for checking in….

Shauna


2 comments:

Stacey J. January 23, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

Shauna~
Your images are beautiful! Very nice feel to them!

I love that you are in Yankton South Dakota! My husband and I thought seriously about moving there a couple years ago to run a bed and breakfast. I still wonder sometimes if it's for sale!!!

1stLite Fine Art Portraits January 23, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

I love these pictures. And I think offering to work with those who are having a hard time right now is very honorable. Keep up the good work!

IS Favorites

IS Photo~Images By Shauna

Welcome to the IS Happenings Blog, the blog for IS Photo~Images By Shauna.

Located in Yankton, SD, IS Photo offers coverage across the area from Sioux Falls, SD to Sioux City, IA to Omaha, NE and back again, we take great pride in the services and quality we provide.

Our wedding coverage starts at only $899 and is completely customizable to your needs. Give Shauna a call at 605-940-9040 and lets discuss how IS Photo can provide you amazing coverage of your once in a lifetime day.

For more information, please visit our website at http://www.isphoto.org.

Thank you for taking the time to explore IS Happenings.

Shauna

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP